Most people never think about being exposed to mold or other toxins until the exposure actually occurs and causes an illness. At the Law Offices of John B. Richards, our team is standing by to help if you need a Santa Barbara mold and toxic exposure attorney. We know that exposure can lead to significant long-term health consequences, and we want to help victims recover compensation from at-fault parties. We have the resources necessary to fully investigate these claims and help our clients recover the compensation they need.
Most common mold and toxic exposure causes in Santa Barbara
Some of the most common exposure lawsuits come from:
- Mold: Toxic mold is often referred to as Stachybotrys or “black mold,” and this can cause serious health problems. This type of mold is often found in areas such as a bathroom, cramped storage areas, flooded or damp areas, areas with plumbing leaks, and humid or poorly ventilated areas.
- Lead-based paint: Lead-based paint is commonly found in homes built before 1978 and can cause damage to organs like the brain, kidneys, and nerves, especially in young children.
- Asbestos: Asbestos has been used in industries like construction and shipbuilding for insulation and fireproofing structures, and can be found in ceiling and floor tiles; these fibers can cause lung problems after being inhaled.
- Pharmaceuticals: Medications can become defective due to a flaw in their original chemical makeup, and they can also be altered during the manufacturing process. This can lead to exposure issues for any person who consumes the medication.
- Pesticides: There have been many pesticides that have exposed individuals to unsafe levels of dangerous chemicals. This can include cancer-causing carcinogens. The use of dangerous pesticides over longer periods of time can lead to long-term health consequences and death.
- Other chemicals: There are various other types of chemicals that can cause serious health consequences if a person is exposed to them in the workplace, at home, or anywhere in public.
Liability in these situations can fall onto many different parties, which is why these incidents require extensive investigation on the part of our attorneys. Some of the parties that could hold liability for mold or toxic exposure include the following:
- Property managers
- Insurance companies
Call a Santa Barbara mold & toxic exposure attorney today
If you or a loved one have been exposed to mold or another type of toxin in or around the Santa Barbara area, reach out to the team at the Law Offices of John B. Richards as soon as possible. We have extensive experience handling complex injury and illness cases, and we have the resources necessary to help you secure the compensation you need. This can include coverage of your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering damages, and more. When you need a Santa Barbara mold and toxic exposure attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling 805-683-2736.